The Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) Program: What’s New in 2024
The certified community behavioral health clinic (CCBHC) program is an exciting development in community behavioral health. It includes two main dimensions: a Medicaid demonstration available in a growing number of states, and individual grants issued by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) directly to clinics (“CCBHC expansion grants”). CCBHCs are envisioned as clinics that furnish a wide array of outpatient behavioral health (mental health and substance use disorder) services and serve all consumers regardless of ability to pay. The CCBHC model promises to expand quickly over the coming years. Because of a 2022 change in federal law, every State would potentially have an opportunity to apply to take part in the Medicaid CCBHC demonstration by 2030.
In this program, attorney Susannah Vance Gopalan will provide in-depth information on the CCBHC program requirements, the CCBHC Medicaid demonstration program and SAMHSA expansion grants. We will focus on recent updates to SAMHSA’s guidance (the “Criteria”) on CCBHC program requirements, as well as proposed updates by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to guidance concerning the prospective payment system (PPS) for CCBHCs participating in the demonstration. The CCBHC model requires CCBHCs to engage in care coordination relationships with other providers in the community, and the training will touch upon CCBHC care coordination agreements and agreements with designated collaborating organizations (DCOs) that furnish services on behalf of CCBHCs.
The on-demand version of this workshop will be available for purchase one week after the conclusion of the live workshop.
- C-Suite leaders within safety net outpatient health organizations (community health centers, community behavioral health entities, etc.)
- Clinical managers within safety-net outpatient health organizations
- Finance, billing, or revenue cycle managers within safety-net outpatient health organizations
After this training, you will be able to:
- Explain the basic features of the CCBHC program requirements in federal legislation
- Identify recent SAMHSA and CMS policy developments relevant to the CCBHC program
- Identify key features of care coordination and DCO arrangements with CCBHCs
Tuesday, March 12, 2024
11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET
|11:00 - 11:45 a.m.
|Overview of CCBHC Criteria in Federal Legislation
|11:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
|12:00 - 12:45 p.m.
|The Status of the CCBHC Model Today: Update on Demonstration Expansion, SAMHSA Expansion Grants, and State Plan Amendments
|12:45 - 1:15 p.m.
|Care Coordination and Designated Collaboration Organization (DCO) Arrangements
|1:15 - 1:30 p.m.
|1:30 - 2:00 p.m.
|Frequently Asked Questions about Developing a CCBHC Model; Question and Wrap-Up
Feldesman Training Solutions Virtual Classroom
This live, interactive training will take place in the Feldesman Training Solutions Virtual Classroom, hosted by Zoom. Should you have any technical questions or would like more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-855-200-3822.
Susannah Vance Gopalan
Susannah Vance Gopalan is a Partner in the firm’s Health Care practice group where she focuses on health care litigation and regulatory counseling, with a focus on Medicaid and Medicare payment, financing, and compliance issues. She brings regulatory experience to bear when advising clients and pursuing litigation on their behalf. She has a record of negotiating Medicaid waivers and managed care arrangements on behalf of providers, provider associations, and governmental entities. She represented a group of providers in reaching a settlement in major Medicaid litigation. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 3.0 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: C-suite leaders within safety net outpatient health organizations (community health centers, community behavioral health entities, etc.), clinical managers within safety-net outpatient health organizations, finance, billing, or revenue cycle managers within safety-net outpatient health organizations
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Feldesman Leifer LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 3.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 3.00 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Bring your team! Discounts are available for groups of three (3) or more individuals from the same organization. Please contact us to process your registration.
Groups of 3 - 6
Groups of 7 - 10
Groups of 11 - 15
Over 15 attendees
Each registration must be in the name of the individual(s) who will attend. This allows us to communicate important course information to the actual attendee(s), add training materials and handouts to the right account, and properly assign certificates of attendance or CPE credits.
To register for this training:
- For yourself: login to your account and register with your personal information
- For someone else: login with the ATTENDEE’S login information or create an account for the ATTENDEE and register from the ATTENDEE's account
- For a group: email firstname.lastname@example.org to complete group registration
If you encounter problems or have questions contact us.
We accept the following forms of payment: American Express, Mastercard, Visa, ACH, PayPal, electronic check, and check. For information about the methods of payment we accept, please review our Payment FAQs.
Review our Cancellation Policies.
Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.